8/03/2012

Nina & La Sardina.




Spending my money on this little box of sardines seemed like quite an unreasonable choice for me at first, since we live in a digital era, where everything is supposed to be as convenient and practical as it can be. But after admiring the results of this little analogue camera on blogs and internet for months, I decided to go beyond my beliefs and build on my photograpy skills and my creativity in a slightly different way...with this little fella.
Needless to say, it took my heart away in an instance with its retro looking shape & design and its ability to shoot whatever, whenever you want and make it look good with a touch of cross process and a hint of defects, which in this case, are more than welcome.
 
Then it got me thinking - maybe it's not such a bad thing after all, to buy a few rolls of film every once in a while, shoot it without overthinking it and get it developed into some awesome photography that will, hopefully, last you a lifetime. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love me some photoshooting-of-one-thousand-photos, so I can take five hours of my precious time to pick out exactly three of them, but...wouldn't it also be cool to see your kids going through your awesome old pictures someday and saying: "God mom, what the fuck were you wearing?" -.-

Shirt: H&M / Shorts: Vintage / Necklace: H&M / 80's Sunnies: Random Brand / Lipstick: Revlon / Camera: La Sardina Cubic by Lomography